Saturday, December 12, 2009

Fie on the Cooties that Plague Mankind...Fie!!!!

So obviously I'm sick.
The culprit: my own damn birthday party last Saturday night. Happy Birthday Kim- Here's some snot wrapped up in an overstuffed balloon shoved up your nose. Any more sinus pressure and I think my eyes will pop. Any more nose drippings and I might drown in my sleep. Any more gi-normicon sneezes and I think I'll permanently scare my cat away. At least I'm not alone. Seems like everyone at the party shared in the cootie festivities and ended up in Snotsville, USA. Yay for me.

So what does one do when the germed dark forces build a pressurized death star o' snot in one's sinus cavities?

The Kimpire strikes back!! (I'm a Kim, btw).

So, I hit up my mom for reinforcements. She made me chicken soup. But not any ordinary chicken soup. This is like, crazy style, Filipino weirdness chicken soup. (see image below)

 It's the weirdest concoction:
  • Unknown giant banana peppers
  • chicken
  • spinach
  • CHUNKS of ginger
  • and some sort of weird squash that, when cooked, tastes like hot cucumber

I know, kinda frightening, but as I consume my mom's epicurious remedy, I feel kinda better. Placebo effect? Possibly. But I'll take what I can get.

Anyways, I made some jewelry while I was sick, so I'll post pics when I don't look so much like a snotty, crusty-nosed cold mess.

kthxbai.

No comments:

Post a Comment